Thanks for checking out my blog!

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for checking out my blog. I look forward to sharing many great things with you and hope you always enjoy your read! Have a blessed day!!!



MAD



Thursday, March 3, 2011

#18- Me and a box

Thanks for coming back party people! All 3 of you made my day!!!!!

You know age is always a weird thing....People in each age decade basically have the same thought patterns toward age...Here is what I have perceieved:
Over 50- say things like "When I was younger we didnt have..." They always feel the need to remind everyone of what luxuries they didnt have.
40's- usually spend their fourties denying they are heading toward their fifties.
30's- always say "The thirties are SOOOO good! You know who you are finally." That scares me...on my 30th bday will I wake up only to learn that I am really Asian and the curly sponge on the top of my head was permanently glued there when I was a child?
20's- Nomads who have no idea what is going to become of their life. Everything is soo free and all the other age groups envy the twenties!

Well as I leave my twenties I have to say they have been ABSOLUTELY wonderful to me. I have learned a lot about myself and I have come to terms with who I am and my quirky ways! Here are some things I have come to learn and accept about me. If you know me at all you will totally understand. If you dont then sorry we had to meet this way!

1. I like things that sparkle....If I gambled I would be the old woman with a pink "lucky"sequins hat I would wear only to play bingo. Yeah I like sparkley things!

2. I could NOT live in the country! As scared as country folk are of the city, I am scared of the country. Cant do it...

3. I lived in Indiana for College (SHOUT TO MY INDIANA PEEPS) and there is one thing I will never understand! Cow tipping. When you consider tipping a cow over a source of entertainment you yourself need to assess what road you are headed down. What do you do when your bored? Shoot pigs? Hmmm...bacon!

4. Puerto Ricans! Oh my fellow Puerto Ricans. In my twenties I have come to see just how proud Puerto Ricans really are. I mean if you go on a vacation to Puerto Rico do you really have to pack a Puerto Rican flag? Or safety pin one to your carry on back pack. Really? And ANY time you turn on the TV and their is a Puerto Rican on the screen there is always a shot to the crowd and someone is holding a Puerto Flag. I mean the news could shoot covereage of report card pick up and behind the proud parent is a man with his son on his shoulders holding the Puerto Rican flag. Sad thing is the kid probably got it from his back pack because his family just came back from PR!

5. I forget everything! I have the shortest short term memory in the world! My husbands tells me "Where is?" is the way I begin most of my sentences. I always misplace my phone and keys.

6. I forgot what Number 6 was... : /

7. I got my first car when I was 25 and I believe that I have the right to give names to whoever I come in contact with as I drive. I may give someone the name of their car, ex. "Watch it Prius!" Or sometimes if someone is strolling across the street I would say something like " Hey Ethel can you hurry it up?" The names are pretty precise and sometimes I make think I should write a book entitled "What your mom should have named you!"

8. About memory, one thing I always wonder.... Why would you have a pill for someone to take for memory? I tell people I forget stuff and then they tell me to take Gingkobaloba (however you spell it), but like, dont you think they would forget to take the pill? I mean can there be an easier way? Can you get a phone call to remind you? Unless your me and you forget your phone so either way you cant take anything. Stink, they need a to come up with a one shot lifetime supply of gingkobaloba....Im gonna copyright that and call it the youaintevergonnaforgetanythinginyourlifeagainandyouwillwishyouwouldforgetsomethingssothatpeoplewillleaveyoualone pill!

9. I love musicals! And I love singing to musicals. Why people think its ok to watch a musical and not sing to it totally baffles me! HOW can you do that? Music is meant to be sung to, so how much more a musical! Please demand Grease Sing along be brought to Chicago to fulfill my bootleg dream of attending one with all the loud talking drama majors I talked about in blog #19.

10. Gelato and Sushi! I have become a bit more cultured thats for sure. I really like gelato...Its an italian or European Ice cream. Its half the fat of regualr ice cream but creamier because it contains less air. And Sushi was always one of those things that that I would say yuck to..."How can people eat raw fish?" Look, not all sushi is raw and before you knock it you should try it. It really is good!

11. I LOVE being an Aunt. I love when my nieces and nephews call me titi. I guess its because I have been so blessed with absolutely wonderful aunts and so I know the name "Titi" (means aunt in Spanish) is more than a title to me, it is an important role and I hope I can make my nieces and nephews feel as proud of me as I am of my Titi's! I love you Ethen, Hailey, Priscilla, Luis, Emmanuel, Imari, Eneida, Justin & Miklo!

12. Game systems confuse me. Whenever I am at work I always tell the kids they can play "Nintendo." They always look at me like I just talk about their mama! Seriously? The concepts are all the same, except now you dont even need a controller or to stand in front of your TV screen with the gun trying to kill Ducks that wont die when you know you shot them! Nintendo, PS3, Xbox, Wii, Me, Her, whateva! Its the same thing!

13. MAC!!! MAC makeup has revolutionized my thinking behind makeup. My friend Vasti was gracious enough to get me hooked and now I cant help but pay attention to the eye makeup of random woman who wont blend their colors on their eyes. Ladies our eyes are palettes, make sure evrything is blended. MAC would be proud of you!

14. Spitters- Have you ever met someone that spits when they talk or get excited? I have a student who spits on me daily! He has spit in my eye, my cheek and even on my lip! One time he opened his mouth and it was like a Matrix movie, as I screamed no, I saw the spit in slow motion coming my way laughing at me! I tried to move out of the way but to no avail, I became a victim...AGAIN! So now when he speaks to me I cover my face with napkins or garbage bags! I promise I am not lying! Spitters, you know who you are. Have mercy on us! We surrender!

15. Manicures and Pedicures are a girls best friend. I feel so pretty when I have my nails and toes done, especially because I have gorgeous feet. I do have really nice toes people...if you havent seen them then this summer allow me to grace you with them! Anyways, one downside of manicures and pedicures is sitting at the nail salon wondering if they are talking about you! I always feel like I have be on the look (or listen) out. My goal for when I turn thirty is to learn what curly, afro or puerto rican sound like in Vietnamese. I dont know what I will do if I do hear those words but at least I can say them in question form so that the technicians will know I aint playin!

16. I know I may get slack for this one...But I cant take it when people treat their pets like people. There is a dog hotel??? Whatever happend to loving your dog because it was a dog? Today people want to treat their dogs like people. Look if God wanted Muffy to be a person He would have made muffy a person. I thank God that Donny does not care for animals....The only animals we have in our house are in our freezer! My belief is...."If you cant cook it we dont want it!"

17. I believe chivalry should never die. Men ,holding a door open wont kill you and if you cant pay the bill then dont ask for her hand in marriage....THATS ALL IM SAYIN!

18. Now for the ladies, I am very much for woman accomplishing their dreams....Go to school, achieve all you believe you can. If God opens the door for you walk through it ladies. But I am also very old fashioned in many reagards. I love it when I have a day off and I can clean the house and cook dinner for my husband. I love to serve him. That is an art that has been lost within this generation. Woman now say things like "He got 2 hands!" "He can make a sandwhich!" "Submit???? You want me to what? What you talkin bout Mad?" Now dont get me wrong, I am a working woman and do have days where I dont cook or cant because I am still at work. Thats when my husband will step up. But know I really believe that is what women should do. If you are at a point where you fight about submission and helping your husband, then chances are you havent found the right one! Because a real man of God would make you so secure you would never feel degraded to serve him and you would never serve because you have to but because you want to! Ladies, when God brings you that man you will understand, you will want nothing more than to make him happy and if that includes a home cooked meal you will do it!

19. Something light hearted...Sometimes I watch infommercials cause they are funny. Sometimes I watch them cause they are playing all the old school jams and I like to sing to them or because they are so cheesy I cant help but laugh at the fact that people sat down to write those scripts! Its ridunkulous!

20. In my twenties I have learned that God loves me for me and that so many times I put Him in this box and justify what he is thinking in order to not have to deal with what the real issue is, my sin! I know I am so imperfect and so instead of addressing the imperfection I say "I cant go to God again, whats He going to think" and so I shy away instead of fighting the issue head on. I recognized that Jesus did not die for perfect people and that daily I need more and more of Him!
I constantly have to take Him out of the box I put him in because who am I to speak on his behalf! Lord have mercy on me!!!

Well, of course I will end at 20 because thats just how it goes! I hope you really paid attention to number 20 because that is the one I know so many of us struggle with... But Know that HE made us....and His forgiveness is abounding.

Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well

No comments:

Post a Comment